Saturday, June 27, 2009

breakfast on a budget

i am not a breakfast person but i love hearty breakfasts.  so its two things, either i grab an energy bar if i have to wake up early or sit down to a slow leisurely brunch that has to have sinangag and eggs.

one early morning, having time to sit down and eat but not wanting to cook for only one person, me, i left the house wondering where my grumbling tummy would take me.  there is a short block in Ruby St, Marfori Heights, which i pass on my way to work everyday, which houses, mostly food establishments.  only one of these opens early enough, Gian's D' Breakfast Club.  this is actually their new second branch, the original is in Ponce St.

it is not airconditioned but the way the place was set-up, one would think that a meal here would not be as cheap as it actually is.  you could say that the owner invested a lot on the ambience as it looks and feels homey and cozy.  anyways, it was still early, read: the sun was not yet that hot, so i decided to take my breakfast there.

i ordered: tocino and eggs with garlic rice, and a mug of coffee.  I spent a grand total of:--, err i don't remember how much i spent but i'm sure it was a whole lot less than P50.00.  real value for my money!

the serving was just right.  i asked for extra packets of cream and sugar for my coffee, noting that the service staff did not wince in pain at my request, nor charge me for it.  and they were not stingy with the condiments either.   but the food was good, i didn't need any seasoning to go with it.  it was like having breakfast at home without having to prepare and cook it yourself.  Not bad, not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails